At the cross You beckon me. You draw me gently to my knees. And I am lost for words so lost in love I'm sweetly broken, wholly surrendered.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Yearnings

Today in church I found myself wholly distracted by the infants surrounding me. Not only were they adorable, but they seemed to be staring right at me. I kept trying to re-focus on the sermon and then a baby would coo or smile and I was gone again.

It's so cool that God put this yearning and desire in me, right? A yearning to have children and be a mother and a wife. I just get stuck when I consider that these yearnings may not become my reality.

We sang a song with the lyrics "Lord, I love you more than anything." As the church sang in unison, I prayed that God would make these words the theme of my heart. After the song ended, I found myself once again completely wrapped up in the precious babies and what they were doing.

We're so fickle.
We yearn and desire and want and want.
We hope and pray He'll meet our desires.
But today and every day He knows what's best.
And He's better than any of the gifts we could ever dream He would give us.

No comments:

Post a Comment